"I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post."
Whenever you go hunting in the rain, cold weather, mud, or wetland, you always need the best rubber hunting boots with neoprene and leather to keep your feet warm and waterproof. These good rubber boots came from famous brands like Irish Setter, Lacrosse, Muck Boot, which are specially designed to help you tread quickly by lightweight, regardless of weather and terrain.
Besides, they will also work as a comfortable camouflage item so that you can go hunting for a long time without being fatigued or being spotted.
What is the Best Rubber Hunting Boot in 2021?
- Bogs Classic High No Handle Waterproof Insulated Rain and Winter Snow Boot
- Hisea Rain Boots Waterproof Durable Insulated Rubber Neoprene Outdoor Hunting Boots
- Muck Boot Arctic Pro Snow Boot
- TideWe Hunting Boot for Men, Insulated Waterproof Durable 16″ Hunting Boot
- ArcticShield Waterproof Durable Insulated Rubber Neoprene Outdoor Boots
- Lacrosse 4X Alpha Snake Boot-M
- Guide Gear 15″ Insulated Boots, 400-grams
- Baffin Men’s Hunter Waterproof Boot
- Rocky Core Neoprene 1000g Insulated Boot
- Irish Setter 4882 Rutmaster 2.0 17″ Uninsulated Boot
- LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro 18″ Hunting Boot
- LaCrosse Grange 18” Hunting Boot
Detailed Reviews Top 12 Rubber Hunting Boots
- Height: 15″
- Circumference: 13″
- The boot opening is roughly 16.25 inches around
- The shaft is about 12 inches from arch
- Recommended for: Hunting, fishing, camping in cold and wet conditions
- Colors: Black/ Mossy Oak/ Green
- Sizes: From 7 to 21
- 100% neoprene and rubber
- Natural hand-lasted rubber and a four-way stretch inner bootie
- The non-slip non-marking outsole is self-cleaning.
- Contour fit maximizes support and movement
- Keep users warm in sub-zero conditions
The fact all parts are made from rubber and neoprene brings about the 100% waterproof ability. Besides, this boot has a shaft that is 14 inches high from the sole’s bottom to the shaft’s top. Therefore, water can never touch your feet unless you want to pass a river.
The shoe features an Aegis anti-bacterial and odor-resistant insole that also delivers a thick and soft cushion. Moreover, the lining inside fits well for the majority of testers. Just a few people find it too tight for their personal preference. As such, hunters can walk for several miles during their hunting sessions without fatigue.
There are alternating deep lugs on the tread as well as long grooves running across the sole’s bottom. These components provide fabulous traction for our feet on any loose or slippery terrain.
If you are interested in something balancing between smooth treads and aggressive treads, then this boot is what you are looking for.
The item is equipped with a 7-mm Neo-Tech insulation to warm up users at a temperature as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want to hunting in arctic areas or throughout the cold winter nights, the Bogs Men’s will help you survive.
The sizing of footwear from Bogs is very exact. Once we put on the boots, it provides a snug fit from our toes to ankles. Our feet hardly slide or feel uncomfortable inside these boots.
Drawbacks: Too hot for warm weather
Although the Bog Classic High-M is great for cold days, it will make your feet hot and pour sweat in warm weather. Thus, it cannot be used all year round.
- Offer good traction
- 100% waterproof boots
- Very comfortable and sustainable
- Neo-Tech insulation
- Antimicrobial and odor-resistant insole
- Not suitable for hot weather
- 3 styles: Camo, Black, Brown
- Sizes: From 5 to 13
- Recommended for: Hunting, fishing, camping in cold and wet conditions
- 7mm neoprene with heat retention and shock absorption properties for maximum safety, flexibility, and comfort
- The flex-foam is 100% waterproof
- The rubber outsoles are extremely stable
- The air mesh lining is breathable and keeps your feet fresh and dry
- Non-abrasive and hypoallergenic
- Lifetime Warranty
Conquering animals in the wild will be easier with these rubber neoprene boots. Actually, no matter what activity you are taking, the breathable air mesh lining constructed of uncountable tiny vertical fibers will let the airflow through your feet.
Simultaneously, the insulating layer can still trap the heat inside. Thereby, your feet will be warm but still fresh under intense use to keep you energetic during the hunt.
The boots are incredibly lightweight, and the flex-foam upper with 4-way stretch nylon is absolutely waterproof. The 5-mm neoprene will absorb any shock coming so your feet will be safe and more comfortable when walking on rugged rocky surfaces.
The fully sealed rubber shell will cover all of your toes, heels, and ankles to safeguard them from any potential harm. Meanwhile, the rubber outsole promotes extra traction so that hunters can move stably on any slippery or muddy surface.
The rubber and neoprene used to make these boots are hardly abrasive and totally hypoallergenic to your skin.
The sizing that the manufacturer provides is suitable for almost 80% of customers. This is an impressive number. Some users find it a bit loose or tight in merely some parts, but these cases are rare, too.
Your order will come with a lifetime warranty. These are really huge bonuses that add dramatic value to your purchase. You are also more assured of your investment as it is backed by the vendor.
Drawbacks: Some products are defective
Unfortunately, the quality control process seems to pose many omissions. We found a few reports on different deficiencies, which proves that the quality of several rain boots is not uniform.
- Fit well with most users
- Highly breathable and comfortable
- Retain heat
- High-quality materials
- Lifetime warranty
- There might be defective products
- The boot opening is roughly 17.5 inches around
- The shaft is 15.25 inches from arch
- 1 style only: Mossy Oak Country
- Sizes: From 5 to 15
- Recommended for: Hunting, fishing, camping in cold and wet conditions.
- 8 mm neoprene
- 2-mm thermal foam
- Soft fleece lining
- The Stretch-fit Comfort Topline prevents debris and external temperature from getting inside the boots.
Under the footbed, there is a 2-mm thermal foam, which combines well with the soft inner fleece lining to bring about warmth at freezing temperature.
We cannot test the boots at such low temperatures as -50 °C to -1 °C (-60 °F to 30 °F) as the manufacturer advertised. However, we tried using them at -20 °C, and our feet did not get cold. And we think nobody will go hunting in a temperature lower than that.
The ultra-thick 8mm neoprene will snug your feet well and absorb all coming shocks, resulting in fantastic comfort. That layer will also prevent the inner heat from escaping and outer water from getting in. Moreover, the stretch-fit Comfort Topline will also keep coldness away and offer more versatility.
It goes without saying that EVA insoles are always a desirable feature for any footwear. Plus, the patented Bob-Tracker outsoles are extremely solid, facilitating much higher performance and longevity.
These supportive soles deliver superior cushioning and reinforce your heels as well as Achilles. We felt like we were walking in the air with every stride we made!
Even when you accidentally step on a sharp stone, your feet will not be hurt badly. Or sometimes, when professional hunters need to walk silently to access their objectives, these extra-quiet boots would come in handy.
Drawbacks: The color fades quickly
If you need to disguise yourself well, these Muck boots are likely to let you down if you wear it in snowy weather for months. The camouflage pattern printed around the shoes will wear off soon if regularly used in such conditions.
- Retain heat inside the boots
- Resist water and the cold temperature outside
- Superb cushioning
- Reinforce all sensitive spots on your feet
- The external color is poor-quality
- Recommended for: Hunting, climbing, camping, and other outdoor activities on all terrains
- 100% satisfaction warranty
- 2 styles: Standard, Insulated 400g
- Sizes: From 5 to 14
- Waterproof material
- Keep warm
Made of CR Flex-Foam, water can never penetrate this boot. Besides, it can also absorb impacts and flexes your feet no matter the surfaces you are walking or running on.
The heat-resistant insulation will retain up to 90% of the heat that your body radiates so that you will never feel cold at temperatures as low as -4°F to 50°F( -20°C to 10°C).
If you need to go hunting in lower temperatures of up to -22°F to 41°F (-30°C to 5°C), invest a little more in the Insulated 400g edition. The extra cost is not too much for the value it brings about. Nonetheless, beware that this version is heavier than the standard one.
The boot is rather lightweight, only 5.75 pounds/6.27 pounds for the Standard/ Insulated 400g. Paired with 4-way stretch nylon and EVA midsole, it will support your feet in all harsh conditions from muddy farm to pasture, grass, shallow streams, etc. In case you often hunting animals in rocky areas, you can depend on these TideWe boots as well.
The 6mm neoprene and rubber material will safeguard your feet from water getting in the boots. Owing to toe and heel guards, falling rocks and debris will never be able to hurt you, too.
TideWe boasts excellent customer service. If you have any problems with the product, you can always call the hotline or email the manufacturer. They will solve your problems quickly and satisfactorily.
Drawbacks: The durability is disappointing
We praise the TideWe Realtree Edge Camo for many wonderful things except for its sustainability. You may have to buy several of these cheap boots to use in the long run because they can hardly last for longer than one year.
Many customers have complained about the crack and leak on the boots after months.
- Compact and comfortable
- Affordable price
- Waterproof and heat-resistant
- Great insulation
- Not long-lasting
- 2 styles: Black, Camouflage
- Sizes: From 8 to 13
- Recommended for: Hunting, trekking, jogging in muddy, snowy, or sloppy conditions
- High-quality rubber and neoprene
- 100% waterproof and windproof
- Very warm and comfortable
- Easy on and off
- Detachable insoles
- Durable outsoles
ArcticShield has always put a lot of effort into picking good materials for its products. The natural rubber used to produce this hunting boot is of the best rubber hunting quality. Furthermore, 7-mm neoprene is also a kind of premium substance.
The neoprene rubber uppers get protective rubber overlays to block water and wind coming in contact with your boots. Thanks to the 7MM neoprene and lightweight insulation, the boots can even help you hunting goats and deers on snowy and sloppy mountains safely.
Besides, the rubber outsoles are made to last and provide high traction for users to walk stably on slippery grounds. You can keep chasing your prey continuously without the fear of falling.
There are smooth insoles inside the boots for cushioning and massaging your feet. We tried wearing these boots and walking for a few miles on a hill, and the result was more than we expected.
However, when you do not want to use the default insoles, they can be removed quickly. You can replace them with other insoles or simply detach them to have more room inside your boots.
If you are often in a hurry, the pull tabs will facilitate you to pull the boots on and off in a moment. As we recorded, wearing and taking off them took most people less than 3 seconds
Drawbacks: The sizing is not right
Numerous testers and customers have identified these ArcticShield Insulated Outdoor Boots to run a little bigger than standard sizing, and even the company also confirmed that. Therefore, you may need to buy one or two sizes down. Otherwise, you have to purchase extra insoles, or your feet will feel loose inside the roomy boots.
- Rubber-coated neoprene
- Solid traction
- Easy on/off with pull tabs
- Padded insoles are detachable
- Fashionable design
- The sizes run rather big
- Dimensions: Unknown
- Weight: 2.71 lbs
- Recommended for: Hunting in cold (-20 degrees C/F) prairies and wetland areas, especially where hunters have to encounter snakes
- Sizes: From 6 to 15
- 100% Rubber
- The shaft is 14.5 inches long from arch
- The platform is roughly 1.0 inch wide
- The hunting boot opening is about 16 inches around
These boots feature a 16-inch snake guard upper that secures your whole feet from debris, thorn, and snake bites at full 360 degrees. The solid neoprene and rubber build, in combination with the waterproof Alpha construction, delivers absolute waterproofing performance.
The structure of these “hand-made” boots includes an insulating neoprene laid inside and a high-quality natural rubber layer outside. Therefore, they are much more durable, flexible, and comfortable than conventional full rubber footwear that you might have used before.
Most notably, you can go hunting or take part in any outdoor activities even when the outside temperature falls as low as -20 degrees C/F.
The producer added more rubber layers on the instep and the toe guard, where the boots typically flex the most. Thus, hunters can travel on foot for miles without getting too much stress on their feet. These extra layers also reinforce the boots to last longer.
Cushioning and Comfort
These convenient boots have an easy-to-use rubber buckle on the calf so that users can wear them on and off or change the fit levels without effort. What’s more, there is a contour around the ankle inside the boot, which keeps your heel in place firmly, prevents them from sliding around and getting chafing or blisters.
The rugged rubber outsole is versatile and shock-absorbing, making your soles comfortable and less sore when you have to walk over a long distance. This outsole can even alleviate the penetration of sharp nails with your soles upon impact, so thorns and spikes should not make you worried.
Drawbacks: Hard to pull on/off and poor ventilation
In spite of having the buckle to ease your burden, the too-tight calf still makes hunting boot challenging to wear and take off like many other snake boots. The whole rubber hunting boots are only made of neoprene and rubber but no material else, so it is waterproof and insulating without allowing air circulation.
- Truly waterproof
- Active Fit
- Rubber Buckle
- Snake Guard
- Heavy-duty outsole
- Tricky to get on and off
- Dimensions: 15 inches in height
- Weight: Roughly 45 oz
- Recommended for: Hunting on the field in cool and mild weather
- One style only: Realtree Edge
- Sizes: From 8 to 13
- Uppers: Rubber with a canvas wrap
- 400 gram Thinsulate Insulation
- Removable insoles
- Mesh linings
- Side gussets and heel kicks
400-gram Thinsulate Insulation
With the Thinsulate Insulation of 400 grams, the Guide Gear keeps your feet warmish in fairly cold conditions. Because that insulation level is not too high, you should not use them on colder days (below 5 degrees Celsius or 41 degrees Fahrenheit).
Thanks to the lightweight construction, you can wear these boots and move through the muck and mud without hassle. Lifting your feet out of the mire is easier than using thick and heavy boots.
The rubber hunting boots feature a bob-style outsole and a padded foam insole that is removable and offers great cushioning. And if your feet need breathability, the mesh linings will help. Furthermore, the rubber shaft is 15 inches high, which is sufficient to prevent rock, debris, or dirt from getting inside your boots and harm your feet.
The manufacturer Guide Gear proves itself to get an insight into the needs of customers with heel kickers and side gussets. While common trouble with long boots is that they are difficult to put on and off, these parts will allow users to wear and take off the boots in a moment.
Besides, there is an adjustable strap for you to tighten the boot, which allows you to run faster to keep up with your prey. Around the calf is wrapped in canvas with Realtree AP pattern, bringing about the top-notch camouflage ability for hunters.
Drawbacks: Flimsy construction, small calf, and tight toe
Poor-quality build: It is understandable to find such an affordable product not durable. These boots are prone to have cracks and leaks within a year. But we think at such a low price; if you do not intend to use them intensely, you can buy several products to utilize for a longer time.
Tight toe and calf: A weird issue with the sizing of these boots is that they fit all parts quite well except for the calf and toe sections. These areas are smaller than standard, and you may need to use some stretching methods.
- Very cheap
- Easy to put on and off
- Fabulous camouflage capability
- High shaft
- Small calf and tight toe
- Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 12 oz
- Best for hunting, camping, or working on all terrains and weather
- Two camouflage patterns: Black, Forest
- Sizes: From 6 to 14
- Rubber sole
- The hunting boot opening is approx 15 inches around
- The platform is about 0.5 inches wide
- Adjustable nylon snow collar with a drawstring closure
- Textured toe guard
The kind of rubber used to make these boots is very tough and impermeable. Hunters can rely on them to pass the harsh terrain in the forest, mountain, river, and stream.
In our tests, testers wore Baffin Hunter-M of different sizes and ran over two miles along the riverside, stepped on numerous stones, dry branches, and mire. At the end of the test, all of their feet are still safe, clean, and dry.
The rubber boot is exceptionally lightweight and anti-slip, so if you have to climb or run on slippery surfaces, you will hardly fall. Besides, the nylon snow collar features a drawstring closure for users to adjust how tight the collar is, helping them to be warmer or cooler depending on their needs.
Last but not least, the felt liner will bring about unmatched comfort, and the textured toe guard will protect your toes from crushing accidents and falling objects.
Unlike conventional insulated boots, this product is perfect to use in not only winter but also warmer seasons. The comfort rate permits you to have warm feet, even when the outside temperature falls below -40°F.
However, when the weather warms up, you can remove the insulating inner lining to reduce the amount of heat accumulation inside the boots. Then your feet will not feel too hot in the summer, which is a great advantage over many other insulated boots.
Drawbacks: Wrong sizing
A piece of bad news is that this model’s size runs bigger than usual. Under 60% of customers found it fit as expected. Meanwhile, most people complained that they still felt the boots too wide even when they selected one size down.
The oversized toe box, arch support, and width will make you meet difficulty in moving, so we recommend buying two or three sizes down.
- High-quality and lightweight
- Waterproof and anti-slip
- Adjustable snow collar and flexible sole
- Reasonable price
- Work well at -40°F/C temperature
- The size runs a bit larger than standard
- Dimensions: Vary by size
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Recommended for: Hunters who usually hunt in mountainous areas and in extremely cold weather, especially great for those with sweaty feet.
- One pattern only: APX
- Sizes: From 8 to 13
- Multi-directional outsole
- EVA footbed
- 1000g of Thinsulate insulation
- The shaft measures approx knee-high from arch
- Scent-proof and waterproof
3M™ Thinsulate™ Ultra Insulation
While traditional insulation simply uses polyfill or felt to create a thermal barrier, the Rocky 71229-P comes up with the advanced technology of 3M™ Thinsulate™ Ultra Insulation. The boots provide up to 1,000 grams of insulation yet still keep a thin design. Therefore, you will never get cold without having to get your feet to suffocate inside the thick boots.
#2. Rocky® Waterproof
Rocky® Waterproof construction offers a smart structure that disallows water to come in but still enables air circulation. In this way, your feet will always be dry, free from water and sweat.
The multi-directional rubber outsole plus its lugs bring about more traction that aids your feet in gripping the ground so you can feel confident and safe to walk on. Hunters can chase their targets through muddy and slippery areas without hassles.
These pull-on boots are made from high-abrasion natural rubber and neoprene. They are sustainable enough to fear no scratches or external impacts, work well to protect the feet of their users for many years. The lower part of the boots that often get dirty will also be easy to clean. Mud, dirt, and water will not be able to stick on them for too long, and you can clean them merely by wiping them with a cloth.
This feature is extremely convenient because hunting always takes place in the jungles and mountains where the ground is filthy and sometimes muddy. Besides, the Rocky 71229-P is also scent-proof and waterproof to keep your feet healthy and clean without bad smells and microbes.
Drawbacks: Rather bulky
This product is just nearly perfect if it is not so heavy and bulky. The weight and dimensions will vary according to different sizes, but this model has an average dimension of 20 x 16 x 6 inches and a weight of 6 pounds.
These specifications are not ideal for those who love compact and light boots.
- Premium materials
- 1000 grams of Thinsulate ultra insulation
- Leaked out
Reviews of 3 Best Uninsulated Rubber Hunting Boots
- The heel measures roughly 1.5 inches
- The shaft is approx 16 inches from arch
- The opening is about 17 inches around
- 1 color only: Camo
- Sizes: From 8 Wide to 15 Wide
- Best for hunting, fishing, camping in mild weather
- 100% Vulcanized rubber/neoprene
- Lighter (3.5 mm) neoprene
- ScentBan™ technology
- ExoFlex technology
- RPM™ outsole technology
ScentBan™ is an exclusive scent-free control process of Irish Setters. This technology is applicable to different types of materials, from footbeds, leathers to linings to eliminate any bacteria that pose odors.
ExoFlex® technology enables footwear to be looser to adapt to the back of your foot. When your feet fit inside the boots, it shrinks for a lock-tight fit that delivers more agility and toe spring in every step you make.
The Realtree Xtra® comes in handy under any hunting circumstances due to vivid patterns.
- Realtree Xtra® Green imitates the color of plants so hunters can immerse themselves in the background of the forest.
- Meanwhile, Realtree AP™ is an effective neutral camo pattern, which is flexible and practical enough to match almost all natural terrains.
- Realtree APG™ is still neutral-toned, and quite similar to Realtree AP™ yet looks brighter and has added more olive green accents. It allows users to have more concealment options during early autumn and spring.
Lastly, we rate the Realtree Hardwoods Green HD® to be more regional and seasonal for hunters. Wherever green is prevalent, you can use them effectively to hide from animals.
How about RPM Outsole technology? Simply talking, the RPM Outsole is made from an advanced composite material that can dramatically lower the weight of footwear. It is engineered to add extra endurance and comfort. Really, you can have a pair of boots that are both lightweight and impenetrable.
Drawbacks: Incorrect sizing
Not only did several previous customers found these Irish Setter Rutmaster Men’s Uninsulated-M boots run small sizes, but so did we. You need to select one or two sizes up, or else you can hardly snug your feet into the boots.
Personally, I often wear the shoe size of 13 Wide, but I can only fit the “15 Wide” size of this boot.
- Excellent camouflage
- Lightweight yet sturdy
- Wrong sizing
- Rubber sole
- 100% rubber, neoprene
- The shaft is roughly 18 inches from arch
- 5 styles: Mossy Oak Break Up Country/ Forest Green/ Optifade Elevated li/ Optifade Marsh/ Realtree Xtra Green
- Sizes: From 6 to 15
- Best for hunting, fishing, camping in cold and wet conditions
- Embossed liner and nylon shank
- Active Fit with adjustable neoprene gusset
- Multi-layer rubber and a double-layer vamp
Any hunter loves to hunt for hours without resting, and the Alphaburly Pro can aid them in doing so. It is capable of keeping your feet cozy regardless of the terrain and weather conditions.
The embossed neoprene liner facilitates more air circulation as well as regulates the temperature inside the boots. Consequently, your feet will neither be too cold nor too hot, never sweat or become stiff.
The boots also fit well with the majority of users. More than 80% of them said that they could put the boots on and off quickly, and the sizing was fairly correct.
Constructed of insulating neoprene inside and hand-laid natural rubber outside, this high-end boot is top-notch regarding not only comfort but also flexibility and durability. The Alphaburly Pro is always lightweight, does not easily get soft in the heat or crack in the cold.
Apart from that, there are three rubber layers in the heel and toe guard that make it more resistant in high-pressure spots. And the instep also features two rubber layers for additional elasticity.
Premium rubber is a proven odor-suppressing material, so it is understandable why these boots, with its neoprene rubber construction underneath a thick rubber-clad, can alleviate any bad smell coming from your feet or the environment.
It is so sorry to tell you that if you want to hunt in heavy rain or have to pass a river, you might not rely on these shoes. Waterproofing is not a strong point of it. It seems that the seams are prone to be unglued easily under medium impacts. As a result, this lets water infuse the boots badly.
- Multi-layered rubber construction
- The neoprene layer is breathable
- Many camouflage patterns to choose
- Secure fit with heel and ankle support
- Water can leak into boots
Basic information for your reference:
- 100% rubber
- Rubber sole
- 2 colors: Od Green, Olive Drab
- Sizes: From 5 to 15
- Best for aggressive hunting and outdoor activities
- Hand-laid premium ZXT rubber
- Multi-layer rubber on the heel and toe
- Double-layer, ribbed vamp
- Ankle Fit locks the heel in place
- Adjustable strap
Ankle Fit Technology is a special design that contours the human’s feet and keeps the heel in place. As you can see, around the top of the boot, there is a unique strap that you can adjust to make the boots fit you better.
When hunters need to run fast to chase their targets, they can tighten the strap to avoid swaying feet in the boots, which makes it hard to move.
Each Lacrosse Grange rubber hunting boots is also equipped with a foamed insole for better sole and leg comfort. Then, there will be no foot fatigue or sharp debris that can hurt your sales.
These rubber hunting boots are made from high-quality materials to have a sturdy construction but remain light. Feel confident to pass wet and muddy grounds you have to encounter as your feet will be dry and clean, and you can lift your feet off the boggy area easily
This is a pair of one-piece boots. It means that all around the rubber boots are 100% rubber with no seam, so there is no crevice for water to leak into them.
We submerged the LaCrosse 18″ Grange in a water tank for two hours, but when we took it out, the inner was dry as a desert.
Drawbacks: Difficult to get off and strong chemical scent-free
Putting these boots on is not too tricky, but taking them off is a challenge. Perhaps it is because their shafts are too long.
What’s more, we immediately frowned when we opened the shoebox since there was a very intense smell of chemicals spreading out. That uncomfortable odor only decreased slightly after a month, and it needed around two months to be less noticeable.
- Premium ZXT rubber
- Usable even in wet and muddy areas
- Ankle-Fit technology for a comfortable fit
- Optimum traction
- The boots are tricky to get off
- The strong chemical smell lasts for months
- No felt material
1. How to choose the best rubber boots?
The best rubber hunting boots (not insulated ones) ought to meet all of the following requirements:
During your hunt, you cannot avoid traversing bodies of water or unexpected rains. Wet and sweaty feet are prone to be unhealthy and smell bad. Therefore, waterproofing is a must for any excellent hunting boot.
Typically, hunting boots come with a water-resistant membrane on their linings. The best type of membrane at present is the Gore-Tex, which adds extra flexibility and breathability to this outdoor gear.
Regarding rubber hunting boots, there are two primary materials:
- Neoprene: This material is used to make dedicated membranes. In detail, it is a thin insulating foam that traps heat as well as the air inside the boot. Therefore, it will not enable air circulation, which is only suitable for cold weather when your feet are not easily overheated.
- Rubber: Rubber is famous for being naturally 100% waterproof. In fact, rubber boots do not need any Gore-Tex lining to repel water efficiently. It is also rather lightweight and durable.
How your footwear fits you is very important. If you wear too tight boots or too loose, you cannot move properly, not to mention hunting efficiently. Besides, unfit boots may even lead to some severe health issues relating to your feet. Bear in mind that a comfortable foot is a healthy foot and vice versa.
2. Is rubber good for hunting?
Rubber boots are not just good, but they are great for hunting. Rubber and neoprene are very lightweight, flexible, waterproof, and provide reliable traction, which supports hunters to move conveniently on any terrain and weather. Additionally, they are also able to safeguard your feet from rock, thorns, wood, and snow, etc. Some of them come with extra features such as insulation layers to tackle cold environments or scent resistance for those with smelly feet.
3. What is the kind of the most comfortable hunting rubber boots?
To be rated as the most comfortable rubber boots, they should have:
- Cushioning: Soft EVA foam or other supportive insoles should be included. And shock-absorbing midsoles are a big plus.
- Chafe protection: rubber boots have a bad reputation for rubbing and chafing the feet of their users, particularly around their calves. At the same time, it is challenging to evaluate the level of chafe protection of a boot solely depending on its design. Instead, you ought to read reviews of previous users as well.
- Waterproofing and breathability: You cannot feel comfortable with a wet foot, whether it is soaked with water or sweat. Therefore, comfortable rubber hunting boots must block water from coming in, while still allowing the air to circulate inside it.
- Excellent traction: Good footwear has to provide decent traction on slippery surfaces or muddy terrain. These boots typically come with lugs and treads to cling to the ground better.
4. Can rubber boot shrink?
There is no way for rubber boots to shrink. Rubber or neoprene will never absorb water or decrease in size dramatically at low temperatures.
5. Can you break in rubber hunting boots?
Yes. Thankfully, you can. But it will take some time for you to break in rubber footwear. Wear your rubber boots regularly for around one month, and the rubber material will expand to conform to your feet.
6. How can I make my rubber hunting boots fit better?
As we mentioned above, rubber footwear will never shrink, so if you find your rubber boots too wide, you can only add more insoles. But to stretch out rubber boots that is too small for your foot, you can follow the below ways:
Boot freezing method
- Pour water into a Ziploc bag and place it inside your boots carefully.
- Store your boots in a freezer overnight.
- Take them out and remove the bag.
- Wear thick socks and put on cold boots.
- Repeat this process until you have the perfect size of your boots.
Boot heating with a blow-dryer
- Wear thick socks, then try to put your rubber hunting boots on.
- Turn your blow-dryer on and blow over the boots. Mainly concentrate on tight spots (for example, the toe area).
- After heating all parts of your boots, walk with them for 30 minutes or longer.
- Repeat this process again and again when your rubber hunting boots begin to return to their old sizes.
Utilize boot stretching devices
Stretching devices are capable of expanding the top or calf area of your rubber hunting boots to some extent. However, they work better for the heel or toe areas.
To avoid stretching out your rubber hunting boots too much, measure your feet’ dimensions and the boots thoroughly. You should just widen the boots a bit then wear them to calculate how much they still need to be enlarged.
You can read a comprehensive guide about “How to stretch rubber boots“.
7. How many grams of insulation do I need for the best hunting boot?
To help you find out the right level of insulation for the climate in your hunting area, we will explain the capacity of each level.
- 200 Grams: Appropriate for high activity levels in cool weather or in autumn/spring evenings.
- 400 Grams: Suitable for low activity levels in mild weather.
- 800 Grams: Intended for light activity during cold days (approximately between 30°F and 40°F/from -1°C to -4°C).
- 1200 Grams: Only for aggressive hunting on high mountains in severe cold seasons, when the temperature falls below 26°F/-3°C.
- 2000 Grams: For hunters who have little activity in arctic areas, where the temperature may fall as low as 0°F/-17°C. Nonetheless, beware that these rubber hunting boots are very thick and make it challenging for users to move.
8. What are the best-insulated rubber hunting boots?
The best-insulated rubber hunting boot, of course, firstly must have high insulation grams (400 grams or better) to keep your feet cozy in cold environments. It should have multiple neoprene insulation layers and neoprene lining. Besides, buyers need to consider other factors such as proper shaft height, lugs, and treads for high traction on slippery surfaces, water/windproof ability, moderate weight, and reasonable price.
After reviewing all outstanding products in the market, we consider the Bogs Men’s Classic High No Handle Waterproof Insulated and Winter Snow Rubber Hunting Boots to be the top-rated.
This outdoor gear is the most comprehensive one, which has all the essential features.
- The Bogs Classic High-M is 100% waterproof, well-insulated, antimicrobial and odor-free, comfortable, and durable.
- It also fits most users and provides decent traction on all terrains…
- Hunters actually have nothing to complain about these boots in cold environments.